[GRASS-user] Adding map to layer manager (wxpython GUI) from grass console?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Feb 7 11:17:27 PST 2019

On Thu, 7 Feb 2019, Joe wrote:

> I know bash scripting pretty well, if grass scripting is similar I should
> be quite at ease with it

Joe,

Since you're writing GRASS commands in a script that you'd enter from the
console, the script is a bash shell script. Just begin it as usual using
#!/usr/bin/bash
and enter commands as you would from the GRASS prompt.

> As Veronica showed, there's a lot of documentation around on the net:
> would you also suggest a good text book or you think it shouldn't be
> necessary for a beginner to learn grass?

GRASS changes pretty rapidly. My advice to you as a new user is look at some
of the application examples that are relevant to what you want to do. You
can also browse the module manual pages, including the add-ons.

HTH,

Rich