[GRASS-user] Unable to read .prj file

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Feb 9 05:35:24 PST 2019

On Sat, 9 Feb 2019, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:

>> Just the GRASS GIS logics (still) prevent from accepting a .prj file as
>> input.
>
> at least in the GUI and the location wizzard you can use a .prj-file to
> create a new location.

Helmut,

I was using the GUI's location wizard rather than the command line. I will
enter in trac a requiest to clarify the language.

I've used the GUI's location wizard before without having the .prj file
rejected as unreadable. It's been a couple of months since I last imported a
shapefile and I well might have pointed to the .shp files before. As Markus
wrote, specifing a .prj file certainly looks appropriate when the widget
askes for a well-known projection file.

Regards,

Rich