[GRASS-user] Summer School in Geocomputation - Italy - June 2019

Giuseppe Amatulli giuseppe.amatulli at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 01:59:06 PST 2019

Dear colleagues,

In view of enlarging the computation skills in the geographic domain, as
every year, we are running the *International Summer School* "
*Geocomputation** using free and Open Source Software" *organized by
Spatial Ecology (www.spatial-ecology.net)
<http://www.spatial-ecology.net/> held
at the Univ. of Basilicata, in the magnificent town Matera
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/75100+Matera,+Province+of+Matera,+Italy/@40.6646012,16.5651092,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x13477ee2482b152b:0x8f6a4ae10da9360!8m2!3d40.666379!4d16.6043199>
, Italy.

This is a wonderful opportunity for PhD students and Post-Doc to achieve
computation skills process and be able to work in Linux supercomputer in a
clever way.

Please forward this opportunity to your network.

Sincerely, Giuseppe Amatulli

*Geocomputation** using free and Open Source Software** (3th-7th June 2019)*

A 5 days intense experience opening new horizons on the use of the vast
potentials of *Linux* environment and the command line approach for *geo*
*-data* massive processing using Bash, AWK, Python, GRASS, QGIS, GDAL/OGR,
R, PKtools. We will guide newbies and experienced GIS&RS users who have
never used a command line terminal to a stage which will allow them to
understand and apply very advanced open source data processing routines.
Our focus is to enhance a self-learning approach and programming-languages
integration. This allows participants to keep on progressing and improving
their skills in a continuously evolving technological environment.

More information and registration:

www.spatial-ecology.net
www.facebook.com/spatialecology > see events
twitter: @BigDataEcology

Best regards

Spatial Ecology – Team

Giuseppe Amatulli, Ph.D.

Research scientist at
Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies
Yale Center for Research Computing
Center for Science and Social Science Information
New Haven, 06511

Teaching: http://spatial-ecology.net

Work:  https://environment.yale.edu/profile/giuseppe-amatulli/