[GRASS-user] How to use g.gui.animation with base map

André Della Libera Zanchetta adlzanchetta at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 10:30:22 PST 2019

Hi community,

I have a strds (space time raster data set) of precipitation and I
would like to create an animation of it with above an static map (in
the case, a DEM - digital elevation model) so that the cells with 0
precipitation are set as transparent.

In the manual, it is said that "each animation can consist of base map
layer(s) and (multiple) series", so in my understanding I should be
able to set my DEM as my base layer and my precipitation strds as the
animated one in the composition. However, I was not able to do so.

So the question is: how to animate an strds with a static base map?
(any solution, be it in the GUI interface or via command, would help a lot!)

Thanks,
André.