[GRASS-user] 3D raster interpolation between DEM and Top of Bedrock

Francois Chartier fra.chartier at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 07:54:54 PST 2019

Hi,

I would like to stop the vertical interpolation of soil properties at the
DEM (top) and bedrock (bottom).  I am using v.vol.rst, or v.vol.idw, most
likely v.vol.rst.

Can i interpolate with the DEM and bedrock surfaces as input to the
interpolation (stop interpolation at upper bound (DEM) and lower bound
(bedrock surface), or

Is this process done in a second stage where the 3D raster is a box, and
using grass the raster above the DEM are cut off, and those that are below
the bedrock surface as also removed.  My gut feeling is that this is
correct approach.  If this is the case, what do I use?

Thanks,
Francois

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>