[GRASS-user] How to generate a vector graphics file from GRASS CLI?

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 23:43:56 PST 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to generate a vector graphics file (PDF, but EPS or PS is fine) from the GRASS CLI. I'd like to have both raster and vector output. When I follow the simple examples from PSDRIVER or CAIRO the result is always the same - only the last graphic appears. It is as though there is a "d.erase" between every command.

>From https://grass.osgeo.org/grass76/manuals/psdriver.html

export GRASS_RENDER_IMMEDIATE=ps
export GRASS_RENDER_TRUECOLOR=TRUE
g.region raster=elevation
d.rast elevation
d.vect roadsmajor color=red

Only shows roads, no elevation.

I can get what I want with the PNG driver, but those graphics are not publication quality.

Thanks,

  -k.