[GRASS-user] r.li.mps

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 14:45:03 PDT 2019

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 5:42 PM Alessandro Sebastiani <
alessandro.sebastiani at uniroma1.it> wrote:

> Hello to everybody,
> i tried to run r.li.mps module in order to perform mean patch size index
over a raster map. I used a raster with 4 values (1,2,3,4) rapresenting
different Land cover types. Some areas in my raster have nodata, since i'm
not planning to consider those in my work. I created the configuration
file, reported below:
> SAMPLINGFRAME 0|0|1|1
> SAMPLEAREA 0.0|0.0|1.0|0.9999541221268982
>
> then i run the module over my raster, and here is the output:
> RESULT 1|-7.1291406991691
> I was not expecting this output, i can't figure out what's wrong.

A negative number for mean patch size does not make sense indeed. Can you
provide sample data to reproduce?

Markus M