[GRASS-user] 7.7.dev: No raster map displays [UPDATE]

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Wed Jul 24 12:52:30 PDT 2019

Rich Shepard wrote
> On Wed, 24 Jul 2019, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:
>
>> If you want that analytical extent matches your vector extent _and_ the
>> DEM
>> resolution,  use g.region -a raster=DEM vector=yourvector.
>
> Helmut,
>
> I've read the manual and missed understanding that it can be defined by
> both
> raster and vector maps.
>
> I don't think this is necessary. I can set the region to the DEM and the
> MASK to the vector map so r.slope.aspect and r.flow will operate only
> within
> the mask regardless of the overall region size. Unless I'm mistaken about
> the function of the MASK.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Rich

As you mentioned in your mail above:

>DEM resolution: 3 3
>analytical_area resolution: 2.99763360 3.00134608

'>g.region vect=analytical_area res=3 -p' did not change the floating >point
{values to integer 3s.

Do you see your mismatch?

If you do g.region vect=yourvector res=whatever it tries to close as
possible to the resolution, but it's not aligned with your raster.

Some raster modules will issue some warnings or errors.

Moritz gave you a good explanation about region settings, masks etc aorund
the end of last year.

-----
best regards
Helmut