[GRASS-user] Compiling GRASS GIS on Debian Buster

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Thu Jul 25 00:26:54 PDT 2019

Hi,
since I upgraded my Debian system to version 10 (buster), I'm not able
to get GRASS working.

I pulled the latest version from Git main source code repository. The
usual compilation process runs apparently fine. When launching grass77
from a terminal, the startup screen appears, and lets me pick
location/mapset, but when starting GRASS session, the gui can't start.
It throws the following error message:

   wxnviz.py: This module requires the NumPy module, which could not be
   imported. It probably is not installed [...]

whereas NumPy is properly installed:

   pip list | grep numpy
returns:
   numpy                              1.12.1

Has anyone experienced such issue?

Thank you,
Vincent.