[GRASS-user] Compiling GRASS GIS on Debian Buster

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Thu Jul 25 07:30:49 PDT 2019

My self-reply:

sometimes python pip management tool can look tricky to amateurs like
me: a basic "pip install numpy" told me numpy was already installed.
For an effective upgrade of any package one should rather type:

python -m pip install --upgrade SomePackage

(source: python 2.7.16 doc)

Then GRASS starts and runs like a charm!
Hope this helps folks who meet the same issue.

Bye,
Vincent.