[GRASS-user] In-river (hydraulic) sediment transport dynamics

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jul 25 17:30:32 PDT 2019

I'll soon begin a project modeling sediment transport in a river and the
effects of bar scalping on the erosion and deposition of sands and gravels
within the channel.

Looking at the Sediment Applications on the web site r.sim.sediment looks to
be focused on terrestrial sediment transport and erosion/deposition
simulation whilw r.sim.water describes overland flow hydrologic simulation.
What I need are hydraulic models for in-river sediment erosion, transport
(based on particle size), and deposition. I did not see anything relevant in
the add-ons.

Is there a GRASS work flow for hydraulic modeling and sediment transport? If
not, can someone recommend a tool that allows spatial modeling of in-river
sediment dynamics?

TIA,

Rich