[GRASS-user] import 3-dimension band from Hdf file (MODIS)

Lara DC dellaceca.lara at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 10:05:37 PDT 2019

Hello!

I am just starting to use GRASS.
I am trying to import a new Modis product about atmospheric aerosols.
I need to import hdf files, which have 13 bands (I am interested in band 1).
My problem is that each band has 3 dimensions (x-y-z : 1200x1200x4)
The z dimension corresponds to the orbit (Aqua or Terra, 2 daily overpass
each). I would like to work with them separately.
When I try to open the file using r.in.gdal I get an error 'The band does
not exist' (I guess the problem is the 3rd dimension...)
I also tried to import as 3d raster but did not get better results...
I attach an example hdf file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=17xtD5oij9etljTyey3Ka2d-IvfP8Gdpg
Looking forward for suggestions!
Thanks!