[GRASS-user] Densify vertices in polygon

Wed Jun 19 23:37:47 PDT 2019

Moin Markus

thanks for your helpful answer. v.split is what I was looking for and
couldn't find.

I did see the v.generalize tutorial in the wiki. That's where I found
the great description of in- and circumscribing smoothing ;-) But I did
not find any information on the parameter of snakes, neither on the
manual page nor the tutorial. alpha and beta seem to influence somehow
the smoothness. But I could not figure out what the paramter threshold
does. Seems to have no effect.

Thanks
   Robert