[GRASS-user] too many categories: buffer overflow

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 12:08:59 PDT 2019

On 2019-06-20 at 09:37 +02, Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote...
> Just a rapid, wild guess here, but would it be feasible to just
> vectorize the three separately and then create the link afterwards
> using v.distance ?

This may work. An alternate method is if I do this through the Python GRASS interface, I can more easily create unique IDs that are not based on the simple "Cell #" algorithm I'm currently using. That is harder to do in bash.

Or just recompile GRASS to use LONGs for primary key rather than INT.

For now I'm sticking with a lower resolution 90 m raster. Problem solved.

Thanks,

  -k.