[GRASS-user] Seeking vector layer tutorial

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 12:22:15 PST 2019

Hello,

I'm trying to gain proficiency w/ GRASS vectors & layers. I've read https://grass.osgeo.org/grass76/manuals/vectorintro.html and https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Vector_Database_Management a few times, but am still not clear on how to create layers.

I have three vector layers: BASINS, STREAMS, and OUTLETS. All basins have outlets. All streams have outlets. Not all basins have streams (some small basins have no streams but still have an outlet).

I can merge these three with v.patch, but they're all in one layer. I thought it might make sense for each to exist on its own layer. Or perhaps my misconception is that they cannot - it is the attribute tables that exist on separate layers?

If someone can provide an example how to combine these there vectors, or link to a tutorial, I would be grateful.

Thanks,

  -k.