[GRASS-user] raster pixel value

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Sun Mar 10 07:08:32 PDT 2019

* Francois Chartier <fra.chartier at gmail.com> [2019-03-10 09:38:13 -0400]:

>Hi
>
>i was wondering how the value of a pixel is determined when multiple data
>points are located within a pixel, for 2d and 3d pixel.  I assume it is
>based on the interpolation methodology of the raster. is this correct.
>for large pixels where only data point is located within it, can the pixel
>have a different value than that of the data point if through the
>interpolation and due to surrounding points it generates a different value?
>thks

Dear Francois,

your questions are a bit sketchy. What exactly are trying to do?

How the value of a pixel is determined when multiple data points are
located within a pixel?

Which multiple data points are you referring to?

Multiple raster data cells, which you get when you modify the
computational region (i.e. when you go from a given spatial resolution
to a coarser one)?
Did you try to resample a raster data set and wonder how the new cell's
value is computed? Which module did you try to use? Which methods?

Vector data points? Which interpolation module did you try?

Nikos