[GRASS-user] Multiple errors building Grass 7.7svn

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue May 21 12:48:39 PDT 2019

Hi Eric,

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 6:00 PM Patton, Eric (NRCan/RNCan)
<eric.patton at canada.ca> wrote:
> I was running Grass 7.7svn (trunk) fine last week, and updated to v74509 today on Linux Mint 19.1.

We just moved to GitHub:

git clone https://github.com/OSGeo/grass.git

However, a question:

> No errors during configure, but make showed many errors of the type:
>
> Error: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/include/xmmintrin.h:120: Syntax error at '{'

I guess that these error messages appear in the ctypes part which is
(unfortunately) "normal" and apparently not an issue.

> There’s far too many errors to list here, but the result of it is that 221 grass modules fail to build.

Which is the first one listed in
error.log
?

Can you then cd into that directory, run "make" therein and report the error?

Markus