[GRASS-user] v.net.distance - from feature was not reachable

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 12:00:19 PST 2019

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 6:37 PM Daniel McInerney <
daniel.o.mcinerney at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> We are using v.net.distance to calculate the shortest path between two
> points on a river network, but have been experiencing some issues in
> both grass 7.4 and 7.9. In some instances, we need to add a new vector
> line (stream) to the river network, which we have done using v.patch as
> follows:
>
> v.patch input=river_network,stream output=river_network_with_stream
>
> We then clean the output as follows:
>
> v.clean input=river_network_with_stream
> output=river_network_with_stream_clean tool=rmdupl,break,snap

I suspect that the two river networks are just not connected (connecting
vertices do not match). This could be fixed by using a larger threshold
value for the snap tool in v.clean. You can also check with
v.net.components if the resultant river networks are correct.

Markus M