[GRASS-user] Import CORDEX data in GRASS

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 10:49:30 PDT 2019

Hi Markus, hi all,

thanks for your help!

I just uploaded two example data files (modelled precipitation at 0.11
degrees) of EURO CORDEX data with rotated-pole grids to play with:
https://we.tl/t-ZaZWaPyIaA

Attached also a description of the EURO CORDEX data and the grid domains.

Typically such data are processed and manipulated with the CDO toolset
(Climate Data Operators, https://code.mpimet.mpg.de/projects/cdo, see
attached in the shared folder). CDO can easily load the netcdf data and
even remap it to other grids (although I am not sure how that works
exactly); So maybe another way (if rotated pole is not possible with
GRASS/gdal) I could try to transform using CDO and then import into a GRASS
location....

/Johannes