[GRASS-user] r.proj use of memory

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 12 15:55:58 PDT 2019

On Thu, 12 Sep 2019, Rich Shepard wrote:

> I have a large DEM reprojecting from lon/lat to Lambert Conformal Conic and
> specified the lanczos_f method to minimize smoothing (the west edge of the
> DEM is at the coast).

> I would like to learn how to minimize processing time when modules accept
> a higher-than-default amount of memory dedicated to them and the maps are
> very large.

The wiki page on parallel grass jobs, working with tiles section, looks like
the way to go.

Has anyone a more complete example of using g.region and WIND_OVERRIDE so I
can see what I need to do with the 31 remaining large 10m DEMs that need to
be reprojected? The ellipses leave me clueless about dividing a raster file
with 8*10^7 cells.

I'm looking forward to learning this,

Rich