[GRASS-user] r.proj issue [FIXED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Sep 14 16:47:43 PDT 2019

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019, Rich Shepard wrote:

> Stepping away from the issue for a while often lets in the light of
> understanding, as it did in this case.

Wrong. The source and destination locations have the same projections:

Input:
name: NAD83(HARN) / Oregon North
datum: nad83harn
ellps: grs80
proj: lcc
lat_1: 46
lat_2: 44.33333333333334
lat_0: 43.66666666666666
lon_0: -120.5
x_0: 2500000
y_0: 0
no_defs: defined
towgs84: 0.000,0.000,0.000
unit: meter
units: meters
meters: 1

Output:
name: NAD83(HARN) / Oregon North
datum: nad83harn
ellps: grs80
proj: lcc
lat_1: 46
lat_2: 44.33333333333334
lat_0: 43.66666666666666
lon_0: -120.5
x_0: 2500000
y_0: 0
no_defs: defined
towgs84: 0.000,0.000,0.000
unit: meter
units: meters
meters: 1

The input map (the source for all statewide data) has elevations while the
output map (project-specific maps) does not (max=NULL). This suggests to me
that r.proj is the wrong tool because there's no reprojection required, only
copying from one location to another. But, the g.copy manual page says it
copies from one mapset to another mapset in the same location.

How do I copy maps from one location to another when the projection of both
is the same?

Regards,

Rich