[GRASS-user] 7.9.dev: Importing raster with GUI

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Sep 16 10:20:35 PDT 2019

For the devs (this is informational only):

When I use the GUI to create a new location I'm asked if I want to import a
map after the new location is created. A couple of times I've clicked 'OK'
and let grass run ... and run ... and run. Then I kill the grass process and
notice that nothing has happened; at least, the specified raster file has
not been imported.

Restarting grass from the command line and running r.in.gdal the source file
is immediately imported and can be displayed on the monitor.

Something in the GUI new location process needs a bit of attention.

Want this in trac?

Regards,

Rich