[GRASS-user] Script fails; manual entry works

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Sep 19 05:42:27 PDT 2019

On Thu, 19 Sep 2019, Markus Metz wrote:

> within a running GRASS session, you can switch the mapset (and location)
> with g.mapset

Markus M,

I regularly switch mapsets with g.mapset and have been unaware that I can
switch locations, too.

> HTH,

Yep. It does.

I also discovered the issue is not with running a bash script that invokes
and exits grass several times, but with apparently corrupted datasets.

After successfully importing and reprojecting 10 datasets I wrote the script
to process the next 8 datasets in that row. GDAL told me it could not read
the hdr.adf for some of the maps regardless of whether I used the script or
manually on the command line. I downloaded the source .zip file for that row
again and checked three 'cells'. Only the map from one flight project could
be imported, the other two or three could not. I've contacted the agency
about this and cannot do anything here because the hdr.adf files are binary
and not readable ASCII text.

If there's a way to test or convert hdr.adf files I'd certainly like to
learn how to make them usable.

Best regards,

Rich