[GRASS-user] Resample DEM to larger cells

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Sep 25 12:25:48 PDT 2019

I have a DEM built with 68 raster maps (attached) developed from LiDAR (1m)
data and reprojected using lanczos_f (which might have been a poorer choice
for this type of raster, but I wasn't aware of this at the time). There's
still a source map missing (I've contacted the source about this) but I want
to resample the maps to 5m x 5m cell size. I think that would eliminate some
of the sharp discrepancies in the assembled map.

There are five or six flavors of r.resample and I would appreciate advice on
which would be most appropriate for me to use on these data. I don't know
enough about the underlying algorithms to make an intelligent choice.

TIA,

Rich