[GRASS-user] Geomorphic index for valley, using "height of the valley / width of the top of the valley"

Valter Albino valteralbino at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 17:26:25 PDT 2020

Hi Stefan

Thanks for the answer.
I tested in GRASS, but the results are not as expected. Selected the
upstream calculation method and didn't marked any option (optional tab).
The vertical distance from stream to ridge line is not good and the crest
of the valley is not correct. I did tested with SAGA the vertical distance
from stream to ridge line along the watercourse and validated it manually
(see image bellow).

[image: imagem.png]

In GRASS, the addon says:
(...)
difference
    Name of output map of elevation difference to the target (outlet, node,
stream, divide, maximum) along watercourse. The map is of DCELL type.
distance
    Name of output map of distance to the target (outlet, node, stream,
divide, maximum) along watercourse. The map is of DCELL type.
(...)
I thought that should it be possible to select the distance and difference
from the stream to the divide (ridge line).
Well, it would be great if GRASS can do it.

Cumprimentos,
*Valter Albino -* Geógrafo Físico, M.Sc.
Modelação H&H / Riscos ambientais / OT&U
www.valteralbino.wixsite.com/hydrodynamics

Stefan Blumentrath <Stefan.Blumentrath  nina.no> escreveu no dia sábado,
11/04/2020 à(s) 22:57: