[GRASS-user] Geomorphic index for valley, using "height of the valley / width of the top of the valley"

Stefan Blumentrath Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Sat Apr 11 14:57:13 PDT 2020

Hi Valter,

please have a look at:
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass78/manuals/addons/r.stream.distance.html
r.stream.distance - GRASS GIS manual<https://grass.osgeo.org/grass78/manuals/addons/r.stream.distance.html>
NAME r.stream.distance - Calculates distance to and elevation above streams and outlet. The module can work in stream mode where target are streams and outlets mode where targets are outlets. KEYWORDS raster, hydrology, stream network, watercourse distance SYNOPSIS
grass.osgeo.org

However, it is an addon. So it is - unfortunately - not necessarily straight forward to integrate it into your workflows (I understood you use GRASS from QGIS). At least in the processing framework you would need a workaround.

Hope that helps a bit never the less.

Cheers
Stefan