[GRASS-user] r.futures not working

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 08:10:26 PST 2020

Hi Tom,

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 4:24 AM Tom Hackbarth <txhackbarth at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Anna,
>
> thanks for your answer.
>
> I reinstalled it already multiple times. I get the same error message
> every time though. I will try it on a mac tomorrow, but that is the last
> idea I have. Has there ever been a problem like this using r.futures? It's
> such a shame because I really want to use it for my Master's Thesis as it
> is capable of all the things that I need to do for it, but I cannot get
> it to work.

I am not sure why reinstalling doesn't work and I am myself on Linux
so can't test now. You can try to paste a line like this:

set PATH=%PATH%;C:\Program Files\R\R-3.5.0\bin

in the GRASS terminal (the black one), you need to change the path to R
based on your R installation. Then try to run Rscript in the terminal, just
to see if the binary can now be found. If yes, try to run
r.futures.potential. This temporarily changes the PATH variable so that
your system can find R, once you close GRASS, you need to repeat this next
you need to run it. Let us know if at least this works.

Anna

> Best regards
>
> Tom
>
> Am Mi., 9. Dez. 2020 um 15:01 Uhr schrieb Anna Petrášová <
> kratochanna at gmail.com>:
>

>> On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 8:37 AM Tom Hackbarth <txhackbarth at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear grass users,
>>>
>>> I am trying to work my way through the r.futures workshop (
>>> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Workshop_on_urban_growth_modeling_with_FUTURES#Potential_submodel),
>>> but as soon as I get to the point of using the first r.futures module -
>>> r.futures-potential I come to a dead end.
>>>
>>> This is the message I get:

>>> r.futures.potential input=sampling at practice1 output=potential.csv
>>> columns=devpressure_0_5_92,road_dens_perc,forest_1992_smooth_perc,dist_to_water_km,dist_to_protected_km