[GRASS-user] How to obtain list of all raster maps

Micha Silver tsvibar at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 03:35:44 PST 2020

You can use the grass.script module 'read_command' to save the output of
commands. i.e.

In [1]: import grass.script as gscript

In [2]: rast_list = gscript.read_command('g.list', type='rast',
mapset="shkharia").strip().split('\n')

In [3]: type(rast_list)
Out[4]: list
In [5]: rast_list
Out[6]: ['aspect_4m', 'dtm_08_4m', 'dtm_4m', 'geomorph', 'shade_4m',
'slope_4m']

Typically the output will be a string (or dict), but calling split('\n')
breaks it into a list.

On 12/12/20 1:07 PM, BHARATH RAM wrote:
> Hello,
>
>      I have a list of raster files inside a mapset that I need to
> interpolate to a different size. I am aware of the command *g.list
> type='raster' mapset='.'*
> and its equivalent python version. But the command prints the
> filenames out on screen instead of returning it as a list (I am
> talking wrt python API).
>
> Am I missing something or is there any workaround for this?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Bharath.

> *Disclaimer: *This email and any files transmitted with it are
> confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
> entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in
> error please notify the system manager. This message contains
> confidential information and is intended only for the individual
> named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
> distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately
> by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this
> e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are
> notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action
> in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Micha Silver
Ben Gurion Univ.
Sde Boker, Remote Sensing Lab
cell: +972-523-665918