[GRASS-user] How to find elevation drop for all cells in a basin

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 11:51:19 PST 2020

Hi Thomas,

On 2020-12-15 at 11:34 -08, Thomas Adams <tea3rd at gmail.com> wrote...
> What exactly do you mean by elevation drop (at each cell)? I can only guess…

I meant the change in each cell between their elevation and the elevation of the associated hydrologic outlet cell.

I actually need to query a different raster than change in elevation, but it seems like I can pass any cost surface I want as the elevation parameter to r.stream.distance and it works. I think it uses the input direction raster to calculate the outlet for each source, then queries the input and output "elevation" raster (in my case some other cost surface), regardless of what those values represent.

  -k.