[GRASS-user] grass-7.8.5 on Fedora 33

mdwxman mdwxman at protonmail.com
Tue Dec 22 20:00:16 PST 2020

So, far, I must be cursed... I successfully loaded and configured Fedora 33 with the KDE desktop (much better than GNOME 3; used it long ago).

Downloaded grass-7.8.5 from the tarball, etc. Read and followed directions on https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Compile_and_Install#GRASS_GIS_7_on_Fedora

Nearly everything downloaded and installed from the dnf install file except for the proj-epsg item. Nevertheless, I went ahead with the ./configure script then was shot down by the "couldn't find the TIFF" item. Evidently dnf install can't find it and Fedora 33 doesn't have it on my machine. (I used the "Everything" option, although I chose only some of the items). I attempted to use dnf to find TIFF but it failed.

If TIFF is related to the protocol for displaying *.tiff images then I'm confused. Or if there are some other instructions for grass-7.8.5 on Fedora I haven't found them yet.

Any suggestions?

Michael Allen
Industrial Weather
763-777-1263