[GRASS-user] Example project for a GRASS GIS module on GitHub

"Peter Löwe" peter.loewe at gmx.de
Tue Feb 4 02:23:52 PST 2020

Hi Vasek,

thanks for setting up the demo module on GitHub!

To demonstrate how module authors can get credit by scientific citation, some kind of reference/howto describing how the integration of the GitHub project and the Zenodo data repositiory (https://www.zenodo.org/) can be achieved, as explained here: https://www.zenodo.org/login/?next=%2Faccount%2Fsettings%2Fgithub%2F  https://guides.github.com/activities/citable-code/
By doing so, a persistent identifier (DOI) is assigned to the GRASS module codebase. Zenodo also offers a handy tool to provide citation strings for the modulde code in hundreds of citation styles.

Best regards,
Peter

<peter.loewe at gmx.de>