[GRASS-user] Error when importing gml file

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 06:13:07 PST 2020

Hi all,
I am trying to import a *.gml file which I received from a governmental
agency. However when trying v.import I get an error message (see below). I
can successfully import the file in QGIS (and display the attribute table).
Other gml files from the same region and from the same provider work also.

I can imagine it might be related to some attribute names?! Is the
attribute name 'order' not a valid column name as ORDER is also an sqlite
command? Anybody any ideas what's wrong with the file or the import?

cheers,
Johannes

#############################
Importing </.../FLUSSORDNUNGSZAHL_NGP2015.gml> ...
Check if OGR layer <Watercourse> contains polygons...
Creating attribute table for layer <Watercourse>...
Default driver / database set to:
driver: sqlite
database: $GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/sqlite/sqlite.db
Column name <inspireId|Identifier|localId> renamed to
<inspireId_Identifier_localId>
Column name <inspireId|Identifier|namespace> renamed to
<inspireId_Identifier_namespace>
DBMI-SQLite driver error:
Error in sqlite3_prepare():
near "order": syntax error
DBMI-SQLite driver error:
Error in sqlite3_prepare():
near "order": syntax error
ERROR: Unable to create table: 'create table Watercourse (cat integer,
gml_id text, language varchar ( 3 ), nativeness text, sourceOfName text,
pronunciation text, text varchar ( 90 ), script varchar ( 4 ),
transliterationScheme text, grammaticalGender text, grammaticalNumber text,
classificationScheme varchar ( 8 ), localId integer, namespace varchar ( 83
), beginLifespanVersion varchar ( 25 ), inspireId_Identifier_localId
integer, inspireId_Identifier_namespace varchar ( 83 ), versionId varchar (
5 ), origin text, persistence text, tidal text, drainsBasin text,
delineationKnown integer, length double precision, length_uom varchar ( 1
), level text, order varchar ( 36 ), orderScheme varchar ( 83 ), scope
varchar ( 8 ), width text)'
ERROR: Unable to import OGR datasource </..../FLUSSORDNUNGSZAHL_NGP2015.gml>
################

My system:
GRASS version: 7.9.dev

Code revision: ac8bd2777