[GRASS-user] Can I turn off compression

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sat Feb 29 19:21:23 PST 2020

Hi Ken,

That sounds like a good experiment and I think there would be general
interest in what you find. However, please note that less compression may
not mean faster, because then there is more data to write and read and I/O
is generally a significant bottleneck. Markus Metz may say more about this
as he did tests when he was implementing the new compressions, but you
might be able to find some posts on this on the grass-dev mailing list.

Best,
Vaclav