[GRASS-user] .gislock

Janet Choate jsc.eco at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 19:52:27 PDT 2020

Hi,
A GRASS data set was sent to me - however, I am unable to open any of the
mapsets in either grass6.4 or grass7 due to the following error message:

Starting GRASS ...
/GRASSsf/PERMANENT/.gislock: Permission denied

ERROR: /Applications/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/lock: Unable to
properly access /GRASSsf/PERMANENT/.gislock

I also tried to create a new mapset in the GRASSsf dataset but get this
error:
Unable to create new mapset: [Errro 13] Permission denied

I tried changing permissions on .gislock, i.e.
-rwxrwxrwx+ 1 jchoate  staff  4 Nov 15  2013 .gislock

however - I still can not open anything.
Can anyone advise how to fix this so I can access this dataset/mapsets?
thank you,
Janet

--
Tague Team Lab Manager