[GRASS-user] r.regression.multi for logistic regression?

Stefan Blumentrath Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Fri Jul 24 14:54:04 PDT 2020

Dear all,

Currently, I am trying to establish a statistical relationship between the occurrence of a land cover type and a set of local and global climate variables.

So far, I tried amongst others machine learning as well as bayesian and other modelling techniques. Unfortunately, those approaches proved so computationally demanding that I was only able to use a subset of my datapoints that does not really cover the variation.

In r.regression.multi I can use the entire map which is great. However, I am not sure if it is statistically sound to use r.regression.multi for logistic regression (0/1 data). Is the module appropriate for that purpose?

If not, could it be extended?

Cheers
Stefan