[GRASS-user] v.in.ogr layer name

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 04:43:00 PDT 2020

Hi all,
I am using v.in.ogr to import a shape file (line vector) that has only one
layer. Although I am specifying the output parameter in v.in.ogr the layer
name of the imported map still remains the original; it is only the output
map and the associated table that gets a new name as defined by 'output'.

When checking the connections of that map using v.db.connect:
v.db.connect -p map=my_new_map at analysis2

Vector map <my_new_map at analysis2> is connected by:
layer <1/Watercourse> table <my_new_map> in database
</.../analysis2/sqlite/sqlite.db> through driver <sqlite> with key <cat>

Is that the intended behavior of v.in.ogr that the layer name does not get
renamed based on the output parameter?

cheers,
Johannes