[GRASS-user] slope calculation under lat long

Giuseppe Amatulli giuseppe.amatulli at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 08:24:18 PDT 2020

Thanks Moritz,
my understanding on this is that a pixel with delta elevation of 100m will
create different slope values due to the change of the Pixel dimension
going from the equator to the north location.
This observation is valid for the east-west slope because of the distance
change in the x dimension, rather for the north-south slope the y dimension
stays constant and so the slope remains the same.
In other words, is there any other correction that will take this in to
account?
Thank you
Giuseppe

--
Giuseppe Amatulli, Ph.D.

Research scientist at
School of Forestry & Environmental Studies
Center for Research Computing
Yale University
New Haven, CT, USA
06511