[GRASS-user] Install package for add-on in /usr/bin/python3

Robin Kohrs robin.kohrs at uni-jena.de
Sat Mar 21 10:06:20 PDT 2020

Hi everyone:)
I'm really sorry for this naive question. I'm kind of starting with
GRASS and I just can't find a solution...
The issue is, that I would like to try to write a little GRASS Add-on
and use the python-fmask package. While this package is only
downloadable via conda it always installs into
`/home/user/miniconda3/bin/python3`. Even when I did `conda
deactivate` prior to this.

When I then have the import statement `import fask` in the
grass-script it always throws an error, saying that fmask is not
installed. When I print the `sys.executable` in the grass-script it
tells me that the interpreter is in `usr/bin/python3`. So I thought
that I'd install the fmask-package in a way that this interpreter can
find it while executing the script. But I just don't know how. I can
add the fmask-path to sys.path, but I don't think this is the
solution. Maybe someone has a pointer what I'm not getting.

Hope everyone is good these days:)!
Thank you very much in advance,
Robin