[GRASS-user] Let's talk about releases - 7.8.3, 7.10, 8.0

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Fri May 1 05:20:56 PDT 2020

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 10:47 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Apr 2020, Vaclav Petras wrote:
>
> > I though it would be a good idea to video meet next week and talk about
> > what would be the best way of releasing GRASS GIS in the future. As
> > always, both contributors and users are invited to share ideas and
> > opinions.
> >
> > I'm thinking to meet for one hour. Here is a Doodle poll for the date and
> > times:
>
> Vaclav,
>
> What would be the agenda? Will you and the other devs present options while
> every participant contributes they opinion? What are the issues with the
> current way of releasing GRASS upgrades? Are you looking for solutions to
> those issues or a choice among a few solutions?

There was couple related discussions in the past here and there (see
below), so it's time to discuss this properly.

https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Talk:GRASS_GIS_Community_Sprint_Prague_2019#Also_discussed
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/333#issuecomment-584859963
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2020-April/094340.html