[GRASS-user] Topography shading in irradiance

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 00:01:22 PDT 2021

Hello Robson,
although I did not completely understood your problem, here are a few
points for a start.
1. Import WRF data in into a new location/mapset with its coordinate
system matching WRF one;
2. Set computational region resolution to 1km (g.region res=1000 -a -p);
3. Run one of r.resamp.* tools (e.g. r.resamp.interp) to obtain smooth
version of WRF in the new resolution set in the step #2.
4. ???
5. Profit!

To fill ???, take a look at r.sun and r.sunmask. You will need a DEM
to calculate the influence of topography.

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass78/manuals/r.resamp.interp.html
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass78/manuals/r.sun.html
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass78/manuals/r.sunmask.html

Don't hesitate to ask follow up questions after taking a look at r.sun