[GRASS-user] Median filtering time series in time only

Stefan Blumentrath Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Mon Feb 1 15:01:55 PST 2021

Hei,

Maybe a two-step approach with t.rast.aggregate and t.rast.mapcalc could work?
In t.rast.aggregate you define the granularity as e.g. 48 days if you want to get a running median over three time steps of a 16 days time series.

If you want to do it in one go (which would be understandable for heavy time series), I assume t.rast.algebra is your best bet. Here is an example on how to add a new function: https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/905/files to the module (which admittedly is quit complex) (the d-falg helps with testing under development).
You may have to invent a distinct pattern for aggregate functions from r.mapcalc…

Cheers
Stefan