[GRASS-user] Using Python in GRASS GIS for analysis

Omkar Kadlag kadlagomkar119 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 21:09:24 PST 2021

Hello Sir/Ma'am,

Warm Greetings.

I am Omkar Kadlag from Mumbai,India.I am pursuing Electronics and
Telecommunication Engineering majors from K.J.Somaiya Institute of
Engineering and Information Technology,Mumbai. I am working on a project
"Watershed Analysis using python".

While using GRASS GIS python console for analysis, I'm unable to get
desired results. While giving the input ( as a DEM tile ) in the PowerShell
prompt of GRASS GIS Software, it gives an error, as 'wxpython file' is not
available.(The error image is uploaded with this mail). Then I made a new
environment in the anaconda prompt, where I installed 'wxpython' and was
successfully able to run GRASS GIS software, but now the issue is I can't
use the command prompt for my analysis. Then I tried to give inputs in the
anaconda command prompt but was still unable to get correct outputs (the
error image is uploaded with this mail). I want solutions where I can run
GRASS GIS directly from the command line and implement my solutions on
that.

Yours Sincerely,
Omkar.