[GRASS-user] r.contour

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 21:25:36 PST 2021

Hello Dave,
r.contour should be working just fine. Your posted Warning is
harmless. Please try to run it in a pure GRASS session and not through
QGIS – in case of failure, it will be possible to get a reasonable
error message.

As for upgrading of GRASS – be ware – LiDAR tools depend on libLAS
that has been deprecated and is not shipped in most of recent Linux
distributions. Thus working with LAS files might be impossible at all.
There are planned new LiDAR tools based on PDAL in GRASS 8.

Māris.