[GRASS-user] v.surf.idw Not Working

Michaela Lobato amlobat2 at illinois.edu
Mon Feb 15 10:51:53 PST 2021

Thank you for your message. I was able to get v.surf.idw working. I posted
the original question because I am struggling to use the r.mblend add-on
module. I have reached out and worked with the r.mblend authors on Github
but still haven't been able to solve my issue. The error I am getting has
to do with v.surf.idw:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/michaelalobato/Library/GRASS/7.8/Modules/scripts/r.mblend",
line 282, in <module>.
    main()
  File "/Users/michaelalobato/Library/GRASS/7.8/Modules/scripts/r.mblend",
line 257, in main
    gscript.run_command('v.surf.idw', input=points_edges, column=COL_VALUE,

  File
"/Applications/GRASS-7.8.app/Contents/Resources/etc/python/grass/script/core.py",
line 441, in run_command
    return handle_errors(returncode, returncode, args, kwargs)
  File
"/Applications/GRASS-7.8.app/Contents/Resources/etc/python/grass/script/core.py",
line 342, in handle_errors
    raise CalledModuleError(module=None, code=code,
grass.exceptions.CalledModuleError: Module run None v.surf.idw
input=tmp_3289117 column=value output=tmp_3289118
 power=2 npoints=50 ended with error
Process ended with non-zero return code -9. See errors in the (error)
output.
WARNING: No data base element files found
WARNING: No data base element files found
WARNING: No data base element files found
WARNING: No data base element files found
WARNING: No data base element files found
WARNING: Table <tmp_3289111> linked to vector map <tmp_3289111> does not
 exist

The author said that "*The v.surf.idw module is failing because it can not
find the attribute table of one the vector layers. This probably means
something is going on with the GRASS bank-end database.*" and requested the
following information:

db.connect -p

>driver: sqlite

>database:
/Users/michaelalobato/Documents/Research/grassdata/newChampaign/test_champaign/sqlite/sqlite.db

>schema:

>group:

sqlite3
/Users/michaelalobato/Documents/Research/grassdata/champaign/PERMANENT/sqlite/sqlite.db

sqlite> .tables

>sqlite>

As you can see, when I try to list the existing tables, nothing comes up.
After this issue, I started working with just v.surf.idw to see if it might
be an issue with the module itself, but that seems to be working fine. Does
anyone have any suggestions as to how to solve the v.surf.idw issue that
I'm having within the mblend module?

Thanks!

Michaela