[GRASS-user] Contribution to GRASS GIS

ASHUTOSH MITRA ashutoshmitra7 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 10:26:52 PST 2021

Dear community members,

I am Ashutosh Mitra from India. I am pursuing a masters in Geoinformatics
from CSRE, IIT Bombay. I have had exposure to ArcGIS, GRASS GIS, spatial
database, QGIS, etc. in the past. Also, I have done projects in GIS for
making an AR app for COVID19 to detect the number of cases in a particular
direction. And another project for detecting straight lines in an image
using Hough Transform. Currently, I am studying courses like GIS and Remote
sensing applications to hydrocarbon and mineral exploration.

I am very much interested in contributing to the open-source community as
it will help to improve my skills, build connections and learn new things.

Thus, I would like to contribute to OSGEO in Google Summer of Code 2021 for
the project

·         *GRASS GUI: Single window layout*

Link to my projects:

https://github.com/Ashutoshmitra/Hough_Transform

https://github.com/Ashutoshmitra/AR-app-for-COVID19

I would be grateful if I could get direction to proceed from your side.

Regards

Ashutosh Mitra

(IITB, India)