[GRASS-user] Contribution to GRASS GIS

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 18:48:46 PST 2021

On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 1:27 PM ASHUTOSH MITRA <ashutoshmitra7 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear community members,
>
> I am Ashutosh Mitra from India. I am pursuing a masters in Geoinformatics
> from CSRE, IIT Bombay. I have had exposure to ArcGIS, GRASS GIS, spatial
> database, QGIS, etc. in the past. Also, I have done projects in GIS for
> making an AR app for COVID19 to detect the number of cases in a particular
> direction. And another project for detecting straight lines in an image
> using Hough Transform. Currently, I am studying courses like GIS and Remote
> sensing applications to hydrocarbon and mineral exploration.
>
> I am very much interested in contributing to the open-source community as
> it will help to improve my skills, build connections and learn new things.
>
> Thus, I would like to contribute to OSGEO in Google Summer of Code 2021
> for the project
>
> ·         *GRASS GUI: Single window layout*
>
> Link to my projects:
>
> https://github.com/Ashutoshmitra/Hough_Transform
>
> https://github.com/Ashutoshmitra/AR-app-for-COVID19
>
> I would be grateful if I could get direction to proceed from your side.
>
> Regards
>
> Ashutosh Mitra

Hello Ashutosh,

thank you for contacting us! You are a little bit ahead of us, we will
create the 2021 GSoC page shortly, perhaps adding other topics. If you are
interested in Single window layout, please go ahead with the test of skills
as listed on the 2020 GSoC page [1]. Additionally, check GRASS GitHub page
for GUI bugs and enhancements, since this topic requires you to be quite
familiar with the existing GUI code base. To start, try e.g. issue 1189 [2].

Best,
Anna

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2020
[2] https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/1189