[GRASS-user] v.rast.stats error: "Unable to seek"

Luí­s Moreira de Sousa luis.de.sousa at protonmail.ch
Fri Jan 29 05:53:00 PST 2021

Dear all,

I am getting the error "Unable to seek" with v.stats.error. There is not much information that could point the cause, just a warning saying that some data base files are not found. I checked the database connection and everything looks in order (see below). Any hints on what may be causing this error?

Thank you.

> v.rast.stats map=PSU raster=MAL_Mode_5x5 method=number column_prefix=mal
ERROR: Unable to seek: Invalid argument
ERROR: An error occurred while converting vector to raster
WARNING: No data base element files found

> db.connect -p
driver: pg
database: s4a
schema: mal
group:

> psql -d s4a -p 5434
psql (12.5 (Ubuntu 12.5-0ubuntu0.20.04.1))
Type "help" for help.

s4a=# \dt mal.*
List of relations
Schema | Name | Type | Owner