[GRASS-user] temporal vector loading example

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 13:51:27 PST 2021

Hi Richard,

To create a vector time series, you need to think of each vector map as
either a time instance or an interval. Here's a reproducible example to run
in North Carolina Location

Save the following as coords.txt

1664619|5103481
1664473|5095782
1664273|5101919
1663427|5105234
1663709|5102614

# create a vector of points
v.in.ascii input=coords.txt output=mymap1

# copy it over
for i in `seq 2 9` ; do
g.copy vector=mymap1,mymap${i}
done

# get the list of maps
g.list vect pattern=mymap* > list

# create the stds
t.create type=stvds temporaltype=absolute output=bla title="Bla bla"
description="Bla bla bla"

# assign time stamps to maps
t.register -i type=vector input=bla file=list start="2018-09-01"
increment="1 month"

# check info
t.info type=stvds input=
bla