[GRASS-user] winGRASS tester needed ... to fix upcoming releases :-) .... nobody out there willing to test?

Maria Cecilia Zalazar zalazarmariacecilia at gmail.com
Thu May 6 13:47:19 PDT 2021

Dear Grass community, I´m using wingrass 7.8.5 (daily, mainly to process
and analyze raster DEM). No new issues to report in my daily task.  But if
I try to install i.fusion.hpf, as Helmut suggested, I obtain the following
error message. I hope it is useful. Best regards

Downloading precompiled GRASS Addons <i.fusion.hpf>...
Fetching <i.fusion.hpf> from <
http://wingrass.fsv.cvut.cz/grass78/x86_64/addons/grass-7.8.5/i.fusion.hpf.zip>
(be patient)...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"C:\OSGeo4W64\apps\grass\grass78/scripts/g.extension.py",
line 2350, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File
"C:\OSGeo4W64\apps\grass\grass78/scripts/g.extension.py",
line 2330, in main
    install_extension(source=source, url=url, xmlurl=xmlurl,
branch=branch)
  File
"C:\OSGeo4W64\apps\grass\grass78/scripts/g.extension.py",
line 871, in install_extension
    ret1, new_modules_ext, new_files_ext =
install_extension_win(extension)
  File
"C:\OSGeo4W64\apps\grass\grass78/scripts/g.extension.py",
line 1259, in install_extension_win
    for line in file:
  File "C:\OSGeo4W64\apps\Python37\lib\fileinput.py", line
252, in __next__
    line = self._readline()
  File "C:\OSGeo4W64\apps\Python37\lib\fileinput.py", line
366, in _readline
    return self._readline()
  File "C:\OSGeo4W64\apps\Python37\lib\encodings\cp1252.py",
line 23, in decode
    return
codecs.charmap_decode(input,self.errors,decoding_table)[0]
UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x9d
in position 401: character maps to <undefined>