[GRASS-user] grass gis equivalent of st_subdivide

B H hemantbist at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 14:57:21 PDT 2021

Hi,
How do I divide an area into smaller areas ( I am looking for functionality
of st_subdivide in postgis).
I need to  split some big areas into smaller ones (and all smaller ones
should have the same attributes).
I understand that it means that underlying topology would change( It would
add more boundaries).

When v.in.ogr imports a shapefile in Grass GIS, it automatically splits the
overlapping areas to make them topologically correct, so I am hoping that
there is already some way to just split a topologically valid area as
well...

Best,
HB